cat5 cabling: making your own

The trick is to find a supplier who will specify which of the two different types they are supplying! :-)

Reply to
cl

It is for cables.

Reply to
dennis

Sorry, what I meant was people using alarm cable for telephones.

Reply to
Fred

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Fred

En el artículo , Fred escribió:

Yes, I know. I was replying to this bit of your post:

"I don't think I've ever seen mention in descriptions on web sites or in catalogues about cat5 being solid or multi strand and I certainly didn't know there were two types of telephone cable. I thought it was always solid. I know there are often reports about people using stranded alarm cable by mistake and that being less reliable in this use."

I took that to mean you were referring to the use of alarm cable for phone wiring.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson