Carpet colour choice help needed

Hi,
I have a spare bedroom that I have started to decorate and in a fit of
enthusiasm for a picture I saw in a book, I have painted all the
walls a pale greeny sort of blue called Aqua Sky. The picture in the
book showed a similar coulour with a patterned carpet with lots of
orange in it which looked great. However I've had second thoughts,
partly because I can't find a similar colour carpet and partly
because, well, it's just a bit much.
So I would like advice on what would be a good neutral colour to go
with the Aqua Sky walls and white ceiling ? The room is north facing
and needs something that is not too dark or else it will end up
liooking a bit gloomy.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Ask a woman.
No really, their colour vision (and possibly taste!) is better than ours. Besides, if you have one on site, do you really want to pick the wrong colours?
Andy
Reply to
Andy Champ
Thanks for the replies. I haven't got a wife, I'm not gay and I don't know any women. Has anyone here got a wife they could ask for me ?
Thanks,
Mike
Reply to
Mike
In message , Mike writes > >> > Hi, >> >> > I have a spare bedroom that I have started to decorate and in a fit of >> > enthusiasm for a picture I saw in a book, I have painted all the >> > walls a pale greeny sort of blue called Aqua Sky. The picture in the >> > book showed a similar coulour with a patterned carpet with lots of >> > orange in it which looked great. However I've had second thoughts, >> > partly because I can't find a similar colour carpet and partly >> > because, well, it's just a bit much. >> >> > So I would like advice on what would be a good neutral colour to go >> > with the Aqua Sky walls and white ceiling ? The room is north facing >> > and needs something that is not too dark or else it will end up >> > liooking a bit gloomy. > > >Thanks for the replies. I haven't got a wife, I'm not gay and I don't >know any women. Has anyone here got a wife they could ask for me ? > Fluorescent green
Reply to
geoff
I don't think anyone was suggesting you were, still doesn't exclude you from having friends who are does it?
Reply to
Andy Burns
I see an opportunity here. You're not gay so presumably would like to know women - strike up a conversation with one of these strange creatures (preferrably single) and place your problem before her - she may not be able to resist the temptation to set a bloke's style right :o)
Reply to
Bob Mannix
I'd go more for what we have here..a nice hard wearing 'haircord' in a sort of buff, which is fitted, and then has 'gay' rugs thrown over it for the dogs and cats to chew, throw up on, piss on etc etc etc ad nauseam.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
That is of course the problem.
You may end up living in something out of Jan Austen, or Beatrix Potter..or worse still a`full color plate from 'modern living' or somesuch..
Most women have no taste: hey merely know what is *in fashion*.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
You only have to listen to women discussing white to know that there are numerous layers of sub-divisions to each colour that mean nothing to most blokes. They block the aisles, standing about with their bloody shade cards and silly shoes, while I'm trying to get to the checkout with my sand and cement. Don't they know I need a straight run?
Reply to
Stuart Noble
Thanks to you all for your answers I may try for a buff colour as a kind of neutral to offset the Aqua. On a related topic can anyone tell me what is the best kind of underlay to get for a bedroom carpet ?
Thanks,
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Depends on the carpet. A lot of low-traffic-area stuff comes with a foam backing, and needs no underlay.
Andy
Reply to
Andy Champ
Hi Andy,
I haven't picked a carpet yet and really want to get a top quality underlay. The room is used by lodgers and gets a lot more use than a typical bedroom so I do want the hardest wearing underlay I can get (within reason of course). Any ideas as to which types are best ?
Thanks,
Mike
Reply to
Mike