Carbide tipped scoring knife

Can anyone advise where to get one. Need it to cut cement based tile backing board. Or if anone can advise a better method to cut this board. TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

Diamond scribers used to be available in a kit with UV pens (for security purposes) from all sorts of places (e.g. a big WH Smiths)a few years ago. I know RS sell them now. That should do the trick

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Not used this board, but a Stanley knife will work on the high temperature glass/cement board used (for example) above woodburners. Blades are cheap enough!

Reply to
OldScrawn

could you use a tile scorer?

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Tried unsuccessfully to use a stanley knife. Scored the board to a depth of about 1mm, and the board broke everywhere except where I scored with the knife.

Reply to
BIGEYE

Reply to
BIGEYE

After much experimentation, the best thing to cut this stuff is a circular saw. Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Reply to
BIGEYE

yes plasplugs make them ive got 1

Reply to