Car radio switches on/off at random - possibly OT

Have a look at the Connects2 website. They do all sorts of combinations to keep your original controls and dispalys. I have one of their interfaces to run a Sony Minidisc changer from the BMW radio cassette unit on my motorcycle. Works well.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Cos all I ever do is listen to the radio 2 & 4 and I don't want 47 buttons I don't understand, 18 special features I'll never use and a 'demo mode' screen showing gibberish that I can't turn off.

And I'd rather have £40 worth of radio, not £5 worth of radio & £35 worth of other stuff.

Bit like mobile phones innit? Try buying one that just makes phone calls....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's economies of scale. Making a few thousand basic radios could make them more expensive than a mass produced more sophisticated one. And since the majority of designs will be for OEM, most would feel ripped off if their new car came with a basic radio.

And why are they all so small? Don't they realise older people use them too? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian C saying something like:

Holy Shite! Is that what they're fetching now? I've got one of them languishing in the workshop and has been for years, providing choons.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

I threw a couple of them in a skip a couple of months ago

Reply to
geoff

Even normal "wander" phones, I've just replaced my old ones at work which were "normal" size (about 8-9" long" with some piddly little ones which won't cradle in the shoulder properly

Oh for such a beast as a reasonably priced wireless headphone

Reply to
geoff

What do you mean by reasonably priced? £26.94 Inc VAT

Reply to
Rod

Holy s**te indeed, I had a similar basic car radio knocking about in a box some where but I think it's gone to the tip. If it hasn't...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

... for a mobile phone or PC, not a normal landline

Reply to
geoff

I can only guess the fancy price was because it was modified to give an aux input.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

Five minute's work with an iron and two hundred quid better off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

More likely because it was claimed to cover both medium wave and >light< wave. Not too many of that model around.

Reply to
Ian White

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian White saying something like:

Troo. Relatedly, I have a model which covers VHF & Local Radio - rare as hen's teeth.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon