car bulbs in France

tony sayer wrote on Aug 29, 2010:

Mostly, yes.

Reply to
Mike Lane

I haven't baught a H/lamp converter for 20 yrs or so. Insulation tape in an appropriate pattern to stop dazzle of an oncoming driver seems to work. The mask or beam converter # is# required during daylight hours as well as night

John

Reply to
JTM

dennis@home wrote on Aug 29, 2010:

I speak quite reasonable French. I've not heard them talking about 'Englanders' though. What language is that?

Reply to
Mike Lane

We came to France two days after getting a new model Citroen ZX many years ago. The UK HQ faxed us a 'pattern' to use

John

Reply to
JTM

I went on a week's driving holiday in Spain this year. The only time I used any lights was in a tunnel - and I used the front fogs. Symmetrical.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Do the french not have a law requiring the use of headlamps in adverse weather conditions, day or night?

Reply to
Pete Zahut

I believe retaliation with full beam is the traditional method!

Reply to
Andy Burns

And is the "longbowmen salute" the correct way to reply to that?

Reply to
ARWadsworth