Car 'broken' into with no signs of entry.

Many cars have the keyfob integrated with the key, so if the key is in the car, so is the fob.

I was sitting in my Focus recently waiting for my wife. The inition was off (but key in lock) and the doors closed.

Suddenly, all the doors locked without warning.

I hadn't realised that security 'feature' existed up until then. Fortunately I found out when I was on the same side of the doors as the key!

Reply to
Terry Casey

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember harry saying something like:

That's the colour of magic, doing that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I have 2 Rover 45's.

The oldest has a passive immobilising system where the key fob only has to be in the car for the engine to be started and that will lock and unlock with another fob.

The newer one has an active immobiliser that needs an input after the immobiliser has kicked in after a short time. I don't think I can lock either of them when the engine is running though.

Now I know I am talking about immobilisers in a non auto locking car. I have no experience of the latter type.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

: : Another (possible urban myth). Supposing you lose your car keys but

Indeed it will be, unless some one can explain how a RF (on the same sort of frequency as 'Bluetooth' is) broadcast can be transmitted via the audio input/output stages of the mobile phone networks?...

Reply to
Jerry

: > Mythbusters busted that ;o) : : A sad reflection that they even needed to bother.

Mythbusters: The brain dead making TV for the brain dead. :~(

Reply to
Jerry

However, devices which actually defeat the encryption have

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel