Capacitor shortage?

Can you tell us what it does and how it makes desoldering quicker/easier? I hadn't heard of them before.

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Thanks for the explanation. I've always used a soldering iron and spring-operated vacuum pump thing. It seems this is the two devices combined into one, with constant vacuum too, so I can understand how convenient these must be. I will take a look. Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

They used to be super expensive - really outside DIY use. Round about 500 quid. But the CPC one is just about priced for hobby use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They may have been once - but are nothing like as well made now. But still v.expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)