Can you use a steamer to remove paper from plasterboard?

Most rooms have lighting and poer sockets. Water running down everywhere, with the penetration power of steam, is maybe not the safest idea.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Water doesn't run down the wall unless the garden sprayer isn't working properly. It should spray a fine mist and not water as a hose would. The sprayer is accurate, and you move the spray side to side, moving slowly downward. When you've reached the bottom, you can repeat, starting at the top. After the 15-minute waiting time, when you're about to start pulling off the paper, you can spray the next two strips, which can soften while you're pulling off the first strips.

Reply to
MB

I forgot to add...

At this point, all the doors and windows of the room should be tightly closed.

I have just been doing this in our bathroom that is partially tiled and the rest had Marley Vinyl tile effect paper.

Wife had spent the best part of 3 hours removing about what amounted to about two length drops of paper. After getting the steam up, I did 2 drops in about 20 minutes (she had cut the paper to get water penetration and it was coming off in tiny strips) hence the slow rate.

Also, strip off to a pair of swimming trunks. You will be sweating a bit in those conditions.

Reply to
Dave

May be true of a proper tool, but I doubt true of an open drum of boiling water.

NT

Reply to
meow2222