Can sattlite cable be used on high gain tv aerial?.

I have lots of spare satellite cable. can this be used on a tv aerial without any problems?

Reply to
lavenders19

There shouldn't be a problem - you want relatively low loss 75-ohm coax cable. As long as your sat cable is such (and it should be) then no problems.

Reply to
Matt Beard

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

Yup

Reply to
fred

Yes. Indeed it's preferred these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

| I have lots of spare satellite cable. can this be used on a tv aerial | without any problems?

Yes, I have just changed my ordinary 75 ohm coax for satellite 75 ohm coax, and improved my signal markedly.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

... and also prevents ghosting between cables.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Yes. Provided it is rated for exterior use, then it is superior in every respect and has a matching impedence. I just replaced by downlead with CT100 and it is for UHF terrestrial.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle