Can anyone access the homebase website ?

Hi

Been down for a few days

Any ideas as to why

Thanks

Malc

Reply to
malcolmrice

There's a temporary page because they claim to be "experiencing technical difficulties".

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Still down as of Thrusday night - probably got severely hacked, as I can think of no other reason for a major retailer to be offline for so long these days.

Hope their business continuity plan is in place :-)

Reply to
Nick Pitfield

Even if they have been hacked there is no excuse for being off-line this long. Very poor show guys...

Reply to
Matt Beard

It's there right now. Looks fine (the term fine being used in a relative sense in this case of course, since it is B&Q! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

It wasn't hacked, there was an inept attempt to apply a patch that went wrong, it was then discovered that the back-ups had not been done in some months. So they have decided to bin the whole thing and build a usable website.

Reply to
Jon

Firstly I still can't see it, and secondly it is the homebase site that is down, not the B&Q one!

Reply to
Matt Beard

Really? Where do you get your info?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Beard

OOPS, sorry, mea culpa - still, it's not like you're missing anything at all in that case, since it's been neither use nor ornament at any time in it's history - literally a "web presence"! ;O)