removing cement render

Hi I would value advice on this problem. I have removed an old hard cement render from the face of a knapped flint wall. some of the cement & also old lime plaster, is still firmly stuck to the flints. Wire brushing with a drill is ineffective. Dry sand/grit blasting has been suggested. Any views/experience, or other ideas would be gratefully received. thanks Sean

Reply to
SM