Camera for car engine bay

Can someone recomend a wifi cam for use taking movies of underside of moving car? I've tried a few I have and the main problems I found are

1)getting enough lighting, (the inbuilt led ones light output isn't really adequate. 2) and being able to set the camera to point-and-stay where I put it. As space is usually a problem a cam with inbuilt neo-magnet would be good - I could always araldite one.

Anyone tried such a setup - that works?

Reply to
dave

(1) Why?

(2) Separate light source - 12V lighting is a widely available commodity.

Reply to
David

The show-off pimped-up car community has lighting that illuminates the underside of cars, although it tends to be blue, for some reason. Find a Cruising rendez-vous on a Saturday evening, and ask them. Or just visit The Ace Cafe, I'm sure somebody there could help.

Davey

If you have to ask...

just like weak sarcasm

Reply to
dave

Just to those with little imagination - the reason is to check out a sus. rear engine mount - FAR easier that a crowbar or changing it just in case. There are *many* other mechanical checks that can be done with this. Have you not seen the many good quality vids used for such purposes - tut tut how out of touch. Guess I should have ask them.

Reply to
dave

Sometime information of the application is a great help. Your subject saying engine bay where the body of your post says underside of the car suggests confusion on your part.

So is stating the obvious.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Why is it anyone associated with cars has a degree in sarcasm, yet sensitive when they feel its aimed at them?

Any illumination near the camera will act like a flash camera, where returned light is distance^4. Therefore the illumination should be as close to the object as possible.

While 12V has been mentioned, most of us have inverters at hand if a

240V light source does the job.

I would have thought a USB snake-cam would be a good start?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Or possibly an application for a go-pro in its waterproof container if necessary, I believe the new ones cope with fairly low light levels? I think they focus to 50 cm.

Reply to
newshound