Call filtering products

However not so frequently as landline numbers. My BT8500 has had a very busy week, blocking the nuisance callers. It is averaging five blocked calls per day at the moment. Two weeks ago the number was down to around 3 calls per week. I have two mobile numbers, neither of which suffers many nuisance calls. One this week, the one prior to that about

6 weeks ago.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Wonder if it is down to these overseas based spam organisations having to pay for each mobile phone call while not for landline ones?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pretty much all cold calls here are recorded messages or silent calls.

The BT8500 does a good job but has dropped the odd legit call.

Reply to
Mark

I can also recommend the BT 8500, but there should be no need for it since the "TPS" is supposed to stop cold calls. Before I joined the TPS I got the odd cold call but joining it stopped them completely for a while. However, over the years, the number of cold calls has increased.

Reply to
Mark

I joined the TPS many years ago. Makes not a scrap of difference to spam calls from those overseas companies - the majority I get here. TrueCall stops them all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Right then, I've ordered a 4 handset BT8600, since it's cheaper (for me) than a stand-alone TrueCall and I know it will work with my nasty tangle of interior wiring (by not using it!)

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Huge

I don't think I've ever had a nuisance call on my mobile. Famous last words, that, given that we'd had about 2 or 3 nuisance calls a year on the landline until 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Reply to
Huge

TPS is somewhat of a joke.

Most scum cold callers completely ignore TPS

Reply to
alan_m

All "mine" have been Indians, so I assume they're calling from overseas and the TPS doesn't apply. UK firms are usually pretty OK on obeying the TPS - the fines imposed by Ofcom have been fairly steep.

And after all, why would a genuine business, no matter how scummy, waste time and effort calling someone who's said they're not interested? Obviously, scammers are a bit different. (As my friend Chaz observes, they break the laws of physics by being simultaneously scum and dregs.)

Reply to
Huge

If they do business in the UK, surely the TPS does apply.

NIME.

I don't know why - but they do.

Reply to
Mark

+1
Reply to
Roger Mills

All the PPI and insurance chaser cold calls are on behalf of a UK company!

BTW It is illegal to run a central heating boiler fitted 15 years ago and you could be liable for prosecution. To contact your case officer press

1....... Do you think these UK con-artists care about TPS rules?
Reply to
alan_m

And IME, hang up and never come back if you mention the TPS.

The latter are already criminals.

Reply to
Huge

And in my opinion the former are no different. YOU shouldn't have to tell them that you are registered with TPS.

Reply to
alan_m

+1
Reply to