cable insulation stripping

Could be why that's the reason it needed a crown. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I use a very old pair of these that RS used to brand as their own (coloured orange) maybe 30 years old and are now on their 2nd or 3rd set of jaws.

Zero damage to the conductor and quickly adjustable for a wide range of wire sizes way more than the spec says.

The Other Mike

In message , The Other Mike writes

Reply to
geoff

The parrot type are my favourite stripper. Far quicker than faffing about getting the end into the right slot, just stick it in and squeeze.

Mine a cheap, the blades aren't quite parallel so stranded alarm wires have to be placed at the right side or it takes some of the cores even with the lowest tension. But for tough stuff like 1mm T&E and above no problem.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's a common problem with them. Having to faff about with tension may be ok on a production line where it's set and left, but not for me. Which is another reason I like the ones I've recommended. With the standard set of jaws in mine, it does pretty well all the common cable sizes I use - house wiring, car and electronic. Of course single strand large house wiring is the easiest to strip anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)