Cable crimps

I don't make many crimped joints but like to keep a few crimps in stock for when needed and I've reached the point where I need to stock up with a few more red ones.

CPC are selling Pro Power and unbranded ones for just over a couple of quid for a hundred which seems quite cheap - has anyone had problems using these?, Although I don't need that many it will be far cheaper to add some to my next order than it would be to get a small number delivered on their own from TLC and not much more than getting just 25 from some unknown Ebay seller.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

The Propower ones from CPC are OK

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

They are fine, but even if you don't use many it is also worth getting a proper crimp tool rather than the common squeeze pliers.

£11 would be more than adequate for occasional use and far better than the pliers sort.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Ohh yes! Get a crimp tool! Pliers are rubbish for this.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't like the ratchet ones.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No problem, already have one, used it right from the start.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I have used them - seem ok.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've found the quality of crimps varies enormously. Best I've found come from TLC. But CPC should be OK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)