Cabinet Hinge Choice

Hey! I've built a cabinet and I want to make doors that will be semi-rebated if thats the right term. Anyway, I want them to overlap the front of the cabinet about a 6mm so the 21mm thick cabinet door timber will be inset to the frame about 15mm.

---------+ overlap dimensions about 5/6mm square. door +--+ | +------------------------

21mm | | thick | | cabinet stile/frame. (28mm thick)

------+ | (28mm thick) | +--------------------------

If I use bog std butt hinge the overlap on the hinge edge will clash with the stile. I'd prefer to avoid using kitchen cabinet hinges so what is a suitable hinge to use?

All advice gratefully received.

Arthur

Reply to
artbag10

You may want to have a look at the Hafele online catalogue

I suggest that you start from section 6 page 3 (select Hinges,stays and runners from the dropdown) which gives an overview of the categories and browse from there. I have used them for SOSS type concealed hinges which were excellent.

Reply to
rbel

Thanks. Do the soss hinges provide a degree of 'moving of the door' away from the stile as it swings open?

Reply to
artbag10

No, I was just giving them as an example of the very wide range of hinge types they stock. I would be surprised if you cannot find something in their range that is better from an aesthetics standpoint than the standard kitchen cabinet types.

Reply to
rbel