c.12" lifting platform

There are various hoists for motorbikes/vehicles in "Machine Mart". Foot operated hydraulics. You might be able to modify them if unsuitable.

Also what about a pallet truck?

Reply to
harryagain

On an off chance, does anyone know if it's possible to buy something like a 1m sq. platform which can be raised/lowered (hydraulically or mechanically) about a foot ?

In my minds eye I'm thinking of a piece of equipment for a factory where there's no space for a ramp ...

Time like this I wish I still worked in the motor trade. I could have knocked up a frame and platform, and used a car jack with a scissor lift.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

How deep are your pockets ?

These type of things are available from different suppliers

Reply to
fred

A motorcycle lift might be in this ball park, though it's going to be longer and narrower as supplied.

I have a Sealey one which can lift my lawn tractor as well as the 'bike, very handy.

Reply to
cl

used frequently as "wheel chair lifts"

Reply to
charles

AKA an assembly lift table.

If you have a metre length and only need to go up 300mm, there is space for a ramp :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

Mate had a M/C lift made from an old hospital bed, made by a guy who bought a pile of them from a hospital closure,.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

What load capacity?

Reply to
newshound

nothing too industrial - 150Kg ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

That's starting to look like it - never heard of a "lift table" before.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Neither had I until I looked at the various lifting devices that appear in the door stop sized paper catalogue that Kaiser + Kraft regularly send me. Then I knew what to Google for.

Reply to
Nightjar

manual pallet truck, just stop it moving.

FWIW 150kg should be doable with a wood frame & car jack.

NT

Reply to
meow2222