Butt crack

Hi,

My 210l plastic water butt has developed a long (~6") crack in the base through which all the water escapes. I've thought about trying to stop-drill the ends of the crack but I don't know what I should seal it with. Has anyone had any success with this sort of repair, or am I better to cut my losses and buy a new one?

If I do have to scrap it, suggestions for disposal are welcome :)

Cheers

- Ian

Reply to
Ian Chard

I don't suppose this will be of any use.

Tim Downie

Drill it and clean it up then use a piece of pond liner or similar type neoprene stuck down with a generous amount of Silicone sealant on the inside.

Reply to
Vortex7

I was surprised how well it worked.

Reply to