Burying copper in plaster ?

Where can I see this tape you all refer to. ?

I searched screwfix for DENSO ?

Reply to
andysideas

Hi,

We live in a 70's house with copper pipes in the solid floor. When we moved in we found a damp problem on one wall. When I dug the floor up I found one of the copper joints buried in the floor weeping. Probably been doing that for years. Its sometimes better to use compression fittings with floor buried pipe. I also covered them in the wool type lagging before reconcreting. If the plumbing and soldering is of a good quality then there shouldnt be a problem. Ive been to jobs in the past and come across copper plumbing that simply using a sharp tug a soldered joint has come apart. How on earth they were not leaking I dont know...

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

It isn't DO NOT use compression in buried pipe.

Modern fluxes ensure a good joint these days.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

With minimal skills soldered joints should be reliable, they are the only ones allowed in enclosed spaces for gas, and I can't remember ever having one of mine fail. I would *never* bury a compression fitting, they have a tendency (unless done with ptfe/jointing paste) to weep ever so slightly.

Reply to
<me9

I thought that was supposed to be extremely inadvisable.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Frank Erskine

Indeed. A bit ofcfloor expansion will rip it off. Best to use plastic pipe...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave Fawthrop saying something like:

There is some noticeably thinner stuff around though. BS it might be, but it's right on the edge of it.

I'd certainly not leave it in place unprotected.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

yes there are different grades of copper tube: the common varieties being annealed or half-hard; & Table letter ( W, X or Y). The table letters refer to Tables in a British Standard.

SFAIUI:

Table Y has the thickest standard wall thickness, but (again, SFAIUI) this is manufacturer dependant and tube is available with a much thicker wall. Underground you require annealed with a thick wall. For high temperature or high pressure, a thicker wall. Normal internal domestic plumbing uses half hard table Y, which is the normal type sold by B&Q.

see

jim_in_sussex

Table 10 regarding the spacing of clips!

Thanks.

Reply to
Frank Erskine