Burglar Alaram?

Hi

SWMBO wants me to install a burglar alarm and I fancy designing and installing it myself. I've got what seems to be good advice from

but would like to incorporate a device which will send a text message to a mobile phone (e.g. like the magenta textalarm). Has anyone got any advice or recommendations about these?

TIA

David

Reply to
stoker

You seem it have it planned, except I would recommend a good quality PIR which can reduce the amount of false activiations, my personal recommendation is the Focus Quad brand made by Lynteck.

John_ZIZinvalid

We have a 'Response' alarm, which can be adapted to telephone a number when someone enters and sets it off.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I have one of these, it is a very good system, probably the best wireless system around. They have the option of a GSM module, although it is quite expensive.

Andy Dee

Pretty well all can be, with the addition of an SDI box.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Dave - what is an SDI box - I tried Google but nothing relevant came up.

Thanks

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Reply to
stoker

I think it's speech dialler interface.

A search on Ebay should give dozens.

Or this one:-

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

use duoble knock principle, a burger alarm without that is useless.

NT

Reply to
bigcat