Building warrant for roof repair

Before I started in building control, the 'regulations' were a short book of technical rules. Now they're a thin set of legal requirements, couched in terms such as "reasonable provision". These are backed up by a series of quite fat 'Approved Documents' & secondary guidance, all of which is meant to provide 'the designer' with flexibility to follow innovative solutions.

All of which means that there is no 'text book' to quote from; each authority, team, or individual surveyor has to interpret the guidance in their own ways.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thanks. Landlord promises scaffolding will arrive this Friday and builders on Monday. We'll see what happens. Throwing around phrases such as "Housing (Scotland) Act 2005" and "repairable standard" and "Private Rented Housing Panel" seems to have sped things up a bit. Still need to ensure he "makes good" the internal finish as well (ie, replace and replaster internal wall and ceiling).

JGH

Reply to
jgharston