Building Regs and electrics latest

West Sussex libraries have online access to them, and you can print a certain amount off. But they (WSCC) pay for this access so they are careful to enforce the restrictions. Other libraries presumably have similar arrangements.

--
Andrew

The proposal was only parts of BS7671, and it added other things too. One of the comments I made was keep the regs together. If they think there are deficiencies in BS7671, ask the IEE/BSI to address them. Don't start making up a separate set of wiring regs. The proposed additions in the consulation document were, like the rest of the document, badly thought through or worded. (In contrast, the IEE wiring regs are mostly well thought out.) There was also a chunk of info in there which has no place in building regs at all, and the wording was bad enough for Part P to encompass telephone, data and doorbell wiring (unless they included one of my suggestioned changes).
So, are you going to do a building notice to put in an extention phone or install a doorbell, or flood wire your house with Cat 5 or alarm cabling? Well sorry, but these were not in the list of items you are allowed to do without a building notice.
My response is still online http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/buildregs.pdf but I don't know if the original consultation paper is still around.
--
Andrew Gabriel

That's fine but the Approved Documents generally show what is acceptable practice and only refer out to BSI for material specifictions (e.g. lintels, gravel or whatever) or other such things.
To have part of the regs you need to meet not under ODPM control is a bit of a problem to my mind and needs addressing such that the IEE regs become unnecessary.