Broken soldered joints on circuit boards

Anyone remember the Sinclair PWM boards?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I couldn't find any detail on any old PACE/MM kit but I did find the one I designed..

The Natural Philosopher

You inspired me to look up the Sinclair one. I used to sell them (I had a Saturday/holiday job with Technical Trading in Brighton). It was the X10.

This link (language aside) has some interesting pictures:

Bob Eager

X10 never worked.

I worked on the microvision until it became clear it would never actually work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, it was the X12 we sold. I remember spending a lot of time with dissatisfied customers on that one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Did anything ever work and stay working for more then a day?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes!, we had one at college I don't ever remember it working for more than a few minutes after it came back from repair of the umpteenth time;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

My MK-14 worked and I then rebuilt it using bits of broken calculators sold by Proops. With that I wrote my first attempt at an OS for the then new Z80 processor. With that running, it became possible to program ROMs and move onward and up.

The MK-14 didn't seem to appear on that mobius website about Sinclair.

Reply to
Bill

The Z12 takes me back! "If you ever blow up your Z12 we will repair it for 50p." They stopped eventually, though.

Reply to
newshound