britony se 80 combi boiler - odd noise!

Hi everybody,

I'm posting on behalf of my mother who has a Chaffoteaux Maury Briton SE 80 combi boiler. This was installed in 2002. It appears tha almost everytime the boiler fires up, it produces a low pitch an reasonably loud sound similar to that you sometimes hear in a we system (i.e trapped air) except its very localised and coming from th vicinity of the boiler only. This lasts for a few seconds than stops until the boiler switches on again with the running of the hot water or whatever. She has already had a heating engineer out (who installe this system) but cannot identify the source of this problem, and i getting someone else out to look at it. But its worrying her. Henc my post to this group. Any suggestions as to what the cause of thi might be?

Many thanks, David Randel

-- David Randell

Reply to
David Randell