British Gas Quote ... What a joke

Who'd want to be a salesman;(

after all, a lot of us depend on them to keep us employed don't we?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Follow-up At the weekend I went to a local Co., where I live.. CORGI etc.

Very grown up chat about boiler sizing, whether to use existing expansion thingy or buy a system boiler with it in-built and so on.

"Let's start with the fact that you know what the boilers cost", said the bloke. "We really do think power flushing is a good idea and since you've got a biggish house with lots of rads the install will almost certainly go into the second day", he added.

"So", he said, "I'm afraid we'll have to charge £4-500 for the labour and bits on top of discounted price for the boiler".

This works better than £1,000 less than BG. These guys are CORGI etc.,so warranties should be OK. When I asked when they could do it, he said, (believe it or not!), "Well not next week, 'cos we're quite busy but certainly by mid-end Oct!"

I've been treated like a grown up and I think I'm happy to give them the business and since it' all been up-front, prepared to lob in a few more quid, if necessary for unforeseens!

A bit of a no brainer really. He didn't try to sell the "British Gas own brand" being the only boiler offered by the BG salesperson but discussed their experience across the range.

Hooray for the liitle bloke!

Reply to
Timbrook99

In message , tony sayer writes

Well I was thinking

1) more expensive 2) more expensive parts 3) most installers don't have a clue
Reply to
raden

There would be no perfect situation (well he might think he has for a while)

It would be an evening's entertainment, no more

... and I do like a good wind up

Not forgetting that I prolly know considerably more that the bod on the other sofa, and will prolly have a brand new boiler sitting just outside the kitchen door

Reply to
raden

In message , tarquinlinbin writes

Yes, they are playing on the name

So ?

They can't compete on a level playing field

Reply to
raden

That's just evil, taking advantage of people who think they can sell anything, even though they know absolutely nothing about...

Oh, all right then.

Reply to
Ian White

In article , raden writes

Its Joe public really, look at my little sis for example. Still get the phone from good 'ole BT, though they have DAC'sed the phone line with next door, so its screwed the net dial up to 28 K if that. Good old Eastern electricity still provide the power, and good ole British gas still provide the Gas, and guess what?, good old BG still have a maintenance contract on the whole lot so she can sleep soundly at night;(

I change me power suppliers more often than I have sock transplants:)

Reply to
tony sayer

UPDATE

[...]

Hooray for the little bloke!