British Gas Homecare Flexi Boiler Insurance

Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

Reply to
seani

At my old house I used a local heating oil company, SS Motors. As part of their customer deal, they offered annual boiler servicing for a token charge of about =A335 (this was 2003).

On the only occasion in 4 years I had a breakdown, I paid a =A312 callout charge - and the engineer had a second hand spare from an old boiler he had removed - =A35.

The company mostly serve Cambridgeshire.

Reply to
dom

Sounds like an excellent deal, unfortunately I am in the middle of bloody nowhere, so it gets a bit pricier.

Reply to
seani

Before you pay BG 'insurance' each year get it in writing that your boiler has full spares availablilty from them.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

What are the figures? Presumably you're comparing BG service with BG insurance, both of which are probably pricey.

David

Reply to
Lobster