Bringing dead washer/dryer back to life

I've been trying to fix my Creda washer/dryer (1000 Supaspeed, aka Model

17343E, serial number 93103192 which I think means it's 1993 vintage). It isn't functioning at all, and the 'power on' neon is dark. I've tested the socket and fuse in the plug, which are ok, so I presume power is getting in to the machine. It died during a drying cycle (interrupted it to put in something else, closed the door, no more signs of life since then).

From my online research, the next likely culprit seems to be the door interlock switch, but that seems to be ok (microswitch works fine, and bypassing the switch doesn't have any effect).

I can't see any internal fuses (don't know if there are any), can't see any loose connections, and none of the easily-visible components looks burnt etc. Any ideas for the next course of action?

David

Reply to
David McNeish

Ask here

very helpfull lot.

Reply to
Demon

follow mains voltages to see where it vanishes. Maybe the mains filter. but dont touch anything unless youre properly skilled, mains can and does kill.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton