'Bricky' bricklaying aid.

This looks amazingly convincing but then again it is an advert.

"You've got nothing to lose with the 30 day return if you are not 100% happy".

This falls apart when you read the returns policy. i.e., Must be returned in all packaging and unused.

Would appreciate comment from anyone who has used this device:

mark

This has been covered on here quite recently

Reply to
stuart noble

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sorry, didn't see it. Will go and find the thread.

mark

Reply to
mark

Make your own out of wood,its not hard

Reply to
George

I did think of that. Having read the other thread it would appear that you have to go round pointing up the joints afterwards.

mark

Reply to
mark

That bricky tool was made for walls with the cement course not to exceed the bricks,so one could make the bricky tools cement runner to exceed the bricks by putting two battens underneath the brick tool so that they act as a support on the layer of bricks beneath and the cement runner then can be as wide as the bricks. If you do think of aking one? you're gonna need a cleanable and smooth surface for the cement runner an ideal surface would be plastic but I would use a piece of Lainate flooring as the base.

Reply to
George

Phenolic ply would probably be good and hard wearing...

Reply to
John Rumm

Nah! a piece of Laminate flooring will do,I'm talking about the real laminate not the compressed sh**e you find cheap,the type that looks like bakelite when you cut it tis very hardwearing.

You might have to join two pieces together to get the right thickness of cement runner.

Reply to
George

Phenolic does work for this and has the advantage that mortar sticks poorly to it. Laminate flooring is likely to swell, Versapanel is terrible because mortar bonds straight to it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Not the resin based laminate material,this doesn't swell but the compressed crap does which is the cheaper of the two.

Reply to
George