Brick Shed

Hello all. I want to have a brick built shed in my back yard with concrete floor. Whats the sequence? from, a dig and pour footings b build walls c concrete floor d add roof. e door frame.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

a b to DPC c e rest of b d

I would have said, YMMV

Reply to
Bob Mannix

floor.

Arthur,

First on your list should be 'do I need planning permission?' - the answer is probably not, but best to check.

I'm in the process of buying a place where the owner put up (admittedly a rather large) wooden shed, and the local authority is taking enforcement action against him on 1st April as he lost his appeal to left hook Prescott. Apparently they can send in contractors to demolish, and place a charge against the land registry entry rather like a mortgage which has to be cleared before he can sell.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

me too and I'd add a window frame in amongst the 'b' stage.

FWIW my brother in law had used a concrete fence post & panel system to build a shed. he laid the footings & concrete floor with DPM and inset some H pattern posts then infilled the space between the H posts with concrete fence panels. he had a door frame and door made up from steel plate and steel box section, rawl bolted into position, locked with three padlocks. he capped the roof with a combination of steel box section, sheet steel, ply and corrugated steel capping.

he lives in a slightly dodgy area and stores his tools in there :-)

Reply to
.