Brick acid vs. patio cleaner

Looking for brick acid in Wickes to remove mortar stains, I was pointed to the patio cleaner which is 10% HCl. Is this the same concentration as brick acid or is it too weak to remove mortar stains?

Thanks for any info,

Mike

Reply to
mike

My container says "Brick & Masonry Cleaner, for pointing, brick and stonework". On the back it also suggests cleaning paving and removing moss & lichen. It does not list a concentration but suggests 5l will do 25m2. Seeing as it's supposed to be diluted, I can't see any harm in the one suggested.

Reply to
Toby