Breeze block partition walls

Hello,

All the partition (non supporting) walls in my house are built of breeze block directly onto the floorboards. In some cases not even directly onto joists.

I am thinking of dot'n'dabbing one of these walls but I am a bit worried about the extra weight this will give the wall.

The breeze blocks are made of that nasty black ash type stuff so light weight blocks.

How can I determine if adding plasterboard & adhesize to these walls will be safe?

Thanks,

Graham

Reply to
Graham Jones

It is. The extra weight's trivial compared to what even a badly designed house can support.

NT

Reply to
Tabby