Boundary dispute advice please

21:44 2008/03/25 (Tuesday 25th March 2008) The neighbour's back fence blew down over the easter weekend.

I reminded her that it was in the wrong position, That B had moved it a few years ago. and asked that she put it back where it was before B had moved it.

This afternoon (Tuesday) got a bit of pro bono advice from a solicitor who could not act for me as I didnt have my passport etc etc.

At about 3pm I constructed a fence of my own out of pallets on the disputed land.

She got back and knocked over my fence, pushed it out of the disputed land. I shouted at her that it was criminal damage, She said that she's having the fence put back tomorrow where it was before the weekend, and paying someone £400 to have concrete posts dug.

I said that would be criminal damage to my land, if she does it in the disputed land. I said as she had knocked over my fence causing criminal damage to 2 nails then am i not justified in knocking over her fence tomorrow morning?

Shall I do a sitdown protest tomorrow?

Can I get the courts to sort out the border dispute without paying for a solicitor, can i do it uk-d-i-y ???

[george]
Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

ask in uk.legal

Reply to
Emil Tiades

Calm down and take a look here.

very careful you don't end up being arrested for causing criminal damage yourself.

Peter Crosland

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Have a look / ask on here

luck

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

You could try pissing on the fence posts in order to mark out your territory.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Reply to
Steve Walker

Can you get a copy of your deeds from the land registry to show anyone that might happen to turn up that the boundary is where you say it is, and that any transgression will involve a call to the police.

You might find it useful to have them to hand anyway to show to the neighbour.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

thanks, i looked at the websites, thought again, spent an hour going through the papers- put them into date order, found one with a thin red line- she was right, i was wrong, went round with an apology note, surrender, she invited me in for some wine, the dog seems ok with it all .....

so no protest from me tomorrow morning, I surrender!

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

i'm quite often perplexed by some of the TLAs on this group (Three Letter Acronyms) is there a faq of them anywhere for us newbies?

but IANAL perhaps means exactly what it sounds like?

[joke]
Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

You are not far off ;-)

I Am Not A Lawyer

Reply to
John Rumm

Congratulations

It can get out of hand - Daily Mail story

Andy Cap

In article , George (dicegeorge) scribeth thus

Sounds like there was more to that;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Good man - some of the people on gardenlaw lack the ability to make a pragmatic settlement, and have ruined their lives arguing over doormat-sized territories.

Reply to
Steve Walker

FYI

The Medway Handyman