Boss white

Confession:

I have used red Boss white on the taps for the Kitchen (not connected yet)

I then noticed that it states for potable duties use Boss Supergreen but it also says non-toxic

Any advice

TIA David

Reply to
David Sims

It may not be toxic but it's still not approved for potable services.

How do you use it on taps anyway? You make the connection with a tap connector with either a traditional fibre owasher or a rubber one if it's a pushfit fitting: in either case no jointing compound is required.

Reply to
John Stumbles

I don't know what this 'potable' business is all about! When Adam was a lad there was only one sort of Boss White, which you used on everything - and no-one died as a result, as far as I know!

Where exactly did you use it?

Reply to
Roger Mills

=2E.and it was white, well, it wasn't red or green.

Reply to
adder1969

Well, a sort of beige colour - as Hawk White, which I'm currently using, still is.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I used it on the threads for the compression male tap connectors

When I say red that's the lid colour that was to distinguish the type (it's beige inside)

Thanks for the replies

Reply to
David Sims

Not really necessary - but it's unlikely to come in contact with the water anyway - don't worry about it!

Reply to
Roger Mills