Bosch multipurpose drills

Whoever mentioned these a while back:

got the 7 piece set from Axminster. Tried them today.

So far I am *deeply* impressed. They really do drill proper brick at 10mm with no hammer and surprisingly little effort. They seem to be quite good at not wandering too (important as I was setting out battens that needed to be precisely mounted).

And they drill celcon crap-blocks cleanly enough too.

I'll be more impressed if they last more than a week - but time will tell...

Reply to
Tim S

They do ;-)

to be fair they are very good in masonry - and I would buy them for that alone. Their drilling performance in other materials is "adequate" when new, but suffers a bit as the masonry use takes the edge off them.

(not tried as yet - but they look like they might be quite easy to resharpen on a bench grinder)

Reply to
John Rumm

T'was me :-)

>>> I got the 7 piece set from Axminster. Tried them today.

Yup, surprisingly well.

Its just the convenience of them though, great for tiles, battens with hammer fixings, all sorts. Wouldn't buy them 'specifically' for wood or metal, but they are adequate for those materials and great for masonry.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A while ago I had been going to put a small set onto an order. Then I started to get perplexed so left them off. Is there any difference among these descriptions?

Bosch Multi-Construction Bosch ROBUSTLine Multi-Construction Bosch Multipurpose

(Copied from Axminster & Screwfix - probably find a few other variations if I searched a bit further afield.)

Reply to
Rod

>>> I got the 7 piece set from Axminster. Tried them today.

I think they were originally called Multi Material. There is only 1 type AFAIK, but I've only ever bought them from SF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I fully concur....

Reply to
John Rumm

Where they particularly score is making another hole through a radiator bracket straight into the masonry behind (to try to get a decent fixing where the original hole positions don't give one), putting fixing holes through skirting straight into masonry etc.

Reply to
YAPH