Bosch Logi XX dishwasher problem

We have one of the above which has recently started "pulsing" when on the first (and probably later) fill of water. Sometimes it gets hung in the gap between "ons" and that's where it stops until we cancel the program and start again. Sometimes it wont get past that point and on the odd occasion this has happened, changing the program to "Super wash" has got it past this point. It sounds like dirty relay contacts, but I wonder if there are any relays or if it is all done with software and triacs etc. The pulsing seems to switch the inlet cold water valve on and off at a rate of about once per second. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

I don't have any specific advice for your problem (totally different brand of DW), but with dishwashers the first port of call is usually a really good clean. They are full of sensors and thin pipes and the like which can easily get clogged up with grease or food particles over time causing all sorts of odd symptoms. Perhaps your dishwasher isn't seeing water flow, or is getting a "full" signal when it isn't full.

Take out all the user-cleanable filters and make sure they are

*properly* clean in hot water with ordinary washing-up liquid. Likewise all the rotating arms and any attached pipework you can reach. Make sure the filters are in good condition, and if any parts are broken now is the time to find spares.

If the problem is grease elsewhere, I have found a technique which might help and avoids dismantling the thing is to (re-assemble the filters etc. then) pour three or four pints of really hot water into the machine along with a small squirt of washing up liquid. Put some WUL in the dispenser too (just a tiny squirt). Leave it for a minute or so and then run the machine on its hottest wash (empty of dishes of course). If yours is like ours and does a drain before starting then the hot water you have put in might clear enough grease-blockage in hidden pipes to get it going, and running a full cycle should shift the rest. Giving the machine this kind of thorough clean every three or four months (depending on usage) will help keep it clear, especially if you do the bulk of your washes, as we do, on one of the cooler settings.

One of the Andys (sorry, forgot which one) here recommends putting a small squirt of WUL in the machine with every wash. Something to do with the fact that dishwasher tablets/powders/liquids work in a different way to detergents and don't handle some types of grease very well.

If all the above doesn't sort the problem then there are others here who will variously recommend dismantling / calling a service bloke :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove