Bosch dishwasher Fault

I have a bosch dishwasher that appears to be working but stuff on top shelf does not appear to be washed correctly.The water does not appear to be getting to the top sprayers aswell as it used to. Pump works ok not apparent blockage .Running pipe up back in good order????
Any ideas
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:01:52 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

The pressure is less to the top shelf anyway, so faults tend to appear there first. Can you be sure that the water flow is worse, as it is generally lower in any case?
Take the spinner arm off the top (you HAVE been cleaning it regularly, haven't you?) and make sure that if you run water into the centre, it comes out of the holes.
Could just be gunged up anyway...run some dishwasher cleaner through it, maybe more than once (I do it monthly).
Lastly, if you use salt...has it run low? Or the hardness selection lever been moved?

Plenty salt in still not working.Upturned cup not filling up on top shelf ?
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:35:17 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

Check all the other things...

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:01:52 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

Try a google groups search on my posts in this group - have posted some info re. gunged up Bosch dishwashers in the past.
Regards,
--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenetgmx.net
Stephen Howard wrote:

I had poor cleaning on the top - found that the spinner did not spin, so plenty of water but only in a couple of places.

Had a Neff with the same problem, and they use a diverter valve which alternates the top and bottom spray bars. When I called an engineer he said the problem was down to lack of water level and put some dishwasher cleaner in which did nothing. I spoke to a Neff engineer and he said the diverter valve was probably faulty ( I had replaced the dishwasher by then). It could be similar with a Bosch.
Regards - John
Chewbacca coughed up some electrons that declared:

I had the same and I do run cleaning liquid through mine regularly. The answer is:
add a couple of 3mm holes, one at each end of the arm, on opposing sides about an inch back from the ends, to produce extra side jets to add spin.
Aim to put the holes in to encourage the arms to spin in the usual direction, not the opposite to normal.
Worked for me.
Cheers
Tim

Mmm - not sure about this - it isn't fixing the problem in fact it could make it worse by diminishing the pressure of water projected upwards. The objective is not just to rotate the bar - but to squirt lots of water upwards. Letting more water out horizontally will reduce the amount available for spraying upwards.
Could it be a worn pump - giving a reduced pressure (Impeller blades eroded)? However, I favour the diverter valve problem - has it been set on 'lower basket only?
Incidentally, on a machine I had it was possible to fit the top bar upside down for use if you always did half loads. Does this apply?
What is the cause of dishwashers needing cleaning - I have not cleaned one on 20 years of owning them. Except for wiping the area at the bottom of the door seal. However, I clean the filter several time a week. Is it down to water hardness?

Grease build-up (I don't have control over what is on the plates....); that, and general gunge in the pipes.
Once a month I clean all the filters, wipe and clean the entire door seal area, and run some dishwasher cleaner through it. Eight years old and all it's needed so far is a new filter (old one fell apart) and a new drain hose.
John coughed up some electrons that declared:

Nah - the volume of water from the side jets is a fairly small fraction of the total. As I said, it worked for me.

I don;t think that was the problem for me. My dishwasher was only a couple of years old when it developed the problem. Having run it briefly with the door interlock defeated (and getting wet, expectedly) it seemed to me that there was a lot of water escaping from the rotor arm bearing. Looking closer at the bearing, I think it a design fault leading to both an increase in friction and a decrease in the ability of the bearing not to piss water everywhere (which reduces pressure to the arm).

Mine's got a water block matrix to recover heat from the expelled water back into the incoming fresh water and the pathways are tortuous and prone to trapping grease. For some reason, despite dishwasher power being fairly vicious stuff, it still leaves gunk which cleaner liquid is able to remove. Don't ask me why...
Cheers
Tim

I have cleaned iit out still no joy .Tightned up th etop spinning arm by putting in a 1/32 ptfe washer to make up for wear and wobble.
If I put a extra 2 pints of water by hand into the dishwasher whilst it is operating it works .
Is there a level switch or sensor i should look at
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Good test - I didn't try that...

Have a look here:
http://www.bshappliancecare.com /
They have exploded parts diagrams for Bosch which should help you to see. I've used them to source spares for my dishwasher and tumble dryer - they are very reliable IME.
Cheers
Tim
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:53:15 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

Did you check the position of the salt selection lever?
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com saying something like:

Not sure about your Bosch model, but on my Hotpoint there's a level float switch behind the left side panel. I found the microswitch arm on mine to be sticking and needed to be bent slightly. Also check the float pivot for wear.
Sorry to butt in here, but I have missed most of this thread, and don't know what the exact problem is with the machine.
The main question seems to have gone missing in all the snips and cuts.
Could someone reiterate the fault being seen on this machine, please.
Many thanks
--
Ben (BigWallop)
<http://basecsys.myby.co.uk/amazed.htm

In your news reader, look at the headers...