Bookmarks in latest version of FF

Since the latest Firefox update, apart from it changing the Theme, it's expanded my bookmarks menu so that it now runs off the page and I have to scroll down to read the ones at the bottom of the list. This is annoying. (Why do they have to keep fiddling? A colleague of mine used to say 'improvement means deterioration'. Very true).

Anyway, how can I edit the way my bookmarks are displayed so that the lines are closer together, and I don't mean spacers (although I've inadvertently put one of those in that I now don't seem to be able to get rid of, Grrr!). I can't believe there isn't a way to alter all sorts, but I can't find the key.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Must admit I like the double spacing.

But wait a few days, and someone will have written an 'add on' to revert that to as before, if not already.

I've not yet checked if the new version allows you to edit your bookmarks a bit easier.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You'll probably never get the degree of compactness desired, but it's the thought that counts.

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets TRUE svg.context-properties.content.enabled TRUE

install chrome (="decoration") folder with userChrome.css and userContent.css files in it.

Some people confuse the presence of the word "chrome" in a procedure with "oh, that's a Google thingy". Well, no, it's a term that has been throughly abused, with respect to the web. It does not mean we're installing Chrome browser or Chromium browser. This is a folder that is commonly there, and we're putting it back in a sense.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Anything here of use, particularly that involving a change to browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled in about:config?

Jeff Layman

Make some folders in the bookmarks list, and shove some of the bookmarks in there. If you organise them logically you will probably find it easier to find what you are after than the current "one long list" solution.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh I have lots of folders!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Thanks Paul and Jeff. Implemented those suggestions, and it has improved things.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Folder in folders then...

(folders all the way down! :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I guess you could always downdate again. I often do this if they break accessibility which they do from time to time in browsers, For example Microsoft have broken the IOS version of Edge, as many buttons now just say button and not what they do. It will be fixed, but reverting is a trifle more difficult on mobiles but I understand it can be done. As has been said, sometimes its accidental due to the changing of something for another reason, not realising the knock on effect of what they do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa