Boilers argh.

Hello, I'm after advice on boilers. I currently have a FER Hawk 2

which came with the house I'm very slowly renovating, does the rad fine, but the DHW is poor, it has a knackered timer, fires u constantly and is costing me a small fortune, so I thought it best t change it to a more efficient condenser boiler. It would need to pu out 55000 BTU for all the rads, have a good DHW flow rate (don't min waiting ten mins for a bath to fill), be able to supply two bathroom and be very efficient. It'll occupy the space of the existin (900x480x370) in the basement and the mains water in has a flow rate o

22l/m. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jamm

-- jammy75

Reply to
jammy75

You can ignore that (its the HW performance tha will drive the spec)

So 15 lpm ought to do you, so long as you don't want to fill two baths at once.

That sounds like 35kW or better then.

They are all condensing and >90% these days...

Not too onerous space wise, so there ought to be plenty of choice. Worcester Bosch Si, or Greenstar, Man ECO hometec, Ideal Isar, Viesman, Vokera will all have models with that sort of power output. Look for something with a single piece heat exchanger made from silicon coated ali, or stainless steel, and with a sideways or downward firing burner.

Note anything with that sort of power output may need a upgrade to its gas supply. It will need at least 22mm pipe almost all the way to the boiler (and if the run is longer than 12m from the meter then you will need to start in 28mm).

Reply to
John Rumm