Boiler Wiring

Hi

Moved our oil boiler to a new location and made a map of the wiring ... obviously a very poor one as things are not quite working correctly..

Firstly central heating. System starts up correctly and I can stop the boiler by lowering the thermostat or pressing the advance button the the timer control.. This works for the first two attempts but then the system appears to lock and the boiler keeps running whether I lower the thermostat or press advance to tun off!!! If I terminate power at the fuse switch and then turn back on again I can run through the same process, have control and then locks out and keeps running???

On the hotwater if I request through the timer the boiler ignites but then will not respond and turn off unless power is terminated at teh fuse switch??

Any ideas where I have gone wrong would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Reply to
p.sarson

Motorised valve sticking possibly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 07:36:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@seeburger.co.uk mused:

Doesn't sound like a wiring fault tbh, if it was it would just work or it wouldn't. I'd suspect a faulty component somewhere, likely the zone valve or possibly cylinder stat depending what type of system it is.

Reply to
Lurch