Boiler Service

Hi all,

Does a boiler *have* to be connected to the electrical supply for the purposes of servicing it? (This is a Worcester oil-fired one about 5 years old if that makes any difference.)

cheers.

Reply to
Chris

I'm assuming that it needs an electrical supply to make it run? And I'm assuming that a service would include a test at the end to make sure that it actually works.

So, if my assumptions are correct, yes.

Reply to
Roger Mills

It could be cleaned and perhaps the jet changed without power.

However the oil pressure should be checked and the boiler tuned by adjusting the air input to give the correct CO2 %. The flue temperature should also be checked. To do these, the boiler need to be powered up and left running for some minutes.

Reply to
Michael Chare

i'm not sure what you mean. If it has electical parts, then surely the answer is yes, otherwise how would you be able to tell if it was working correctly, and this applies to other parts of the systm like pumps and valves I suppose depending on the design. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well I didn't know what a boiler service entailed. I thought maybe it just involved changing filters and cleaning out jets and such like. But anyway, clearly from the answers I've had it does need to have a supply available for a complete service. Thanks all.

Reply to
Chris