Boiler recommendation fro 5 bedroom house

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:51:40 -0000 someone who may be "Doctor Drivel" wrote this:-

Incorrect. It is likely to be larger than one typical size cylinder, but how large it is depends on the house. Running the same lot with instant water heaters (aka combination boilers) would involve at least say five such heaters. A very expensive capital cost for no gain.

Your assertions about what I am or am not familiar with are mildly amusing, but they are still incorrect.

Reply to
David Hansen

That is in effect what I said, so I was correct.

The house is two bathroom 3 showers. To get full flow and volume from a stored water system from "all" taps fully on, and that includes sinks, basin, etc, it will need to be very big indeed and far more extra expense. Very large cylinder, or cylinders, large bore pipework all over the place, etc. In effect a commercial setup. A small hotel would need a system that can fully cope will all outlets on as guests bath and shower in the morning. Their usage is very spiky. Domestic systems are designed to cope with "average" use, so upping it to commercial specs is very expensive for no gain.

The same applies to instant hot water (not just combis as you said). Banks of staged multi-points can be used that switch in on water demand. A commercial setup. Not much to be gained in a domestic house of two baths and 3 showers for all the extra expense.

You are clearly not familiar with instant hot water, otherwise you would not have written what you did.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:55:06 -0000 someone who may be "Doctor Drivel" wrote this:-

Nice try, but wrong.

Nice try, but wrong. I was involved with in instant hot water heating in buildings with large demands decades ago and I still am today.

Reply to
David Hansen

Your comprehension is poor. This is sad.

Screwing them to the wall and not knowing what is going on is not good enough.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Bit like your comments, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You don't understand such things, do you?

Flow from a stored system may be designed to give whatever you want until it's exhausted - unlike the incoming mains which is fixed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please stop telling lies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're a caretaker?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Will you please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Will you please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Will you please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:06:14 -0000 someone who may be "Doctor Drivel" wrote this:-

Nice try, but wrong. The equipment concerned was screwed to the floor and I knew what was going on inside.

Keep digging the hole for yourself.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:22:57 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

That does seem to be the case.

Provided nobody is taken in by this lack of understanding it is just harmless fun. However, someone might be taken in and waste a lot of money as a result.

Reply to
David Hansen

I'm standing on the hill looking down ion the hole you dig.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Aligning up with the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) chairman is scraping the barrel.

Just ask me what you need top know and I will fill you in.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It's the worrying thing. Those who don't know him may be fooled by his apparent knowledge.

I've just been doing some work in a mate's house some way off so was staying there. The hot water is provided by a combie in the roof space - one of dribble's favourite places. And the amount of water wasted in the kitchen before it runs hot is beyond belief. It's almost quicker to boil a kettle...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)