Boiler - lock out warning light

Hi to forum had a Biasi Combi Boiler fitted in October last year and so far we are well pleased with it. This morning however turned tap on and it didn't get hot!. Went to boiler and found that it was starting, ie pump turning and display working but the boiler is not lighting up. The green operation lamp is flashing correctly on off every second but the red lock out lamp is permanently on. I pressed the lock out reset button and still the boiler failed to fire. I have read the service manual and examined the warning light/defect chart but can not find an entry in the chart to macth my light/warning which consists of three leds. The left led is the gree operation light - the middle warning light is also the reset button and is not illuminated - the right hand led is permanently on. Can anyone offer advice before I get in the professionals? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
TBB

Odd that no-one's replied, or that if they have the replies haven't come as far as my newsserver - there are several people here with a lot of experience in these issues.

Unfortunately, I'm not one, but I can offer the following: when this happened to the combi with which I am most in contact (can't remember the make) it was due to low pressure in the central heating circuit. This seemed to cause a kind of general lock-out until this was rectified and everything reset.

My (very amateur) advice therefore is, check the pressure gauge on the boiler and make sure the black (moving) needle is not at zero. Quite where it should be is a matter for whoever installed the thing in the first place - often there'll be a red "set point" needle to guide you, but I believe a pressure of around 1 bar is usually about normal. There should be a filling loop (short length of flexible hose and a tap or two) with which you can refill the circuit (hence raising the pressure) should this be necessary.

HTH.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to