Boiler housing

Hi folks,

My combi boiler ( Worcester 280 ) is wall mounted in our smallest bedroom ( of a 4 bed semi ) and makes a lot of noise - so much that we can't really use the room *as* a bedroom.

I was going to try and build a wooden housing around it to provide some sound insulation. Any advice on ventilation, materials, regulations?!

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Scudds

What does the manual say?

Failing that & assuming that it is a 28kW room sealed unit.

75mm clearance to all combustible materials. 28 kw * 5 cm2/kW * 2 for inside air = 280 cm2 vents at bottom and top of compartment.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Cheers for the advice Ed.

I don't have the manual - I've just moved in, but I suppose I could get hold of one. Otherwise, your recommendations sound sensible.

As for material - I was thinking 12mm MDF? Would it need to be flameproofed?

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Scudds

Plasterboard is good for this. It is fire resistant, cheap and easily painted/papered.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Google :-)

-- John Stumbles

-+ practice random kindness and sensless acts of beauty

Reply to
John Stumbles