Boiler flue terminals

Hi
I am looking for advice! I need to fit a terminal cage around my boiler flue as it is less than 2m from the ground. I am aware that there needs to be a 50mm clearance between any part of the terminal to the cage. However, the length of the terminal from the wall is 19cm meaning I am looking for a cage with a depth of approx 24cm. Finding a cage with this depth is proving impossible. Do I have an unusually long flue terminal?!!
Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved!
Many Thanks L
--
Lyndsey

Adapted supermarket wire basket?
--
Tim Lamb

If it is projecting so far, it has been incorrectly installed. The flue pipe has not been cut to the correct length. (ie left too long). Just idleness/incompetence by whoever installed it.
On 09/02/2013 08:23, harry wrote:

My neighbour used to have a short flue pipe but had problems with the boiler which seemed to have been cured by fitting a flue around a foot longer. With the old installation and the wind being funnelled by nearby buildings the exhaust gasses (as seen on a cold day as steam) sometimes seemed to cling to the wall and were drawn back in.
--
mailto:newsadmac(dot}myzencouk