Boiler differential pressure switch

The pump flow pressure switch is starting to leak from around the mounting for the micro switch on my Glowworm complheat boiler.

Is this likely to be fixable, or should I obtain a spare before dismantling.

I wouldn't mind trying to fix it first, but SWMBO can't stand the cold, so I must get it fixed without losing heat overnight.

What sort of price would I expect to pay for a switch? it may be worth getting one anyway.

Reply to
<me9

Ohl one first, then if you don't need it, take it back (or sell it on eBay)

HTH -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Generally small components like these are rarely more than £20. The exception being some thermistors from a Manufacturer starting with P.

These type of repairs usually require you releasing the pressure if not completely draining down the boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Nigh on eighty quid, on order. Both the diaphragm and the seal around the pin that operates the microswitch were defective.

I've now got a bucket under the boiler. The isolating valves leaked when operated. They seem to be a non standard thread (16tp1?) but a 22mm compression fitting. The olives are soldered onto the boiler tails. They will no doubt be a manufacturer only (AKA expensive) part. I think I'll fit extra isolating valves near the boiler for next time, so they don't need disturbing.

Reply to
<me9