Boiler

Hi All,

My boiler has started to loose pressure. The pressure dial reads zero in the morning. I fix it but it is at zero again by lunch time. I have noticed that water is now dripping from the overflow pipe outside. What's going on any help please?

Kind Regards

Micky.

Reply to
Micky Savage

sounds like either the pressure relief valve that connects to the overflow pipe has failed, or the expansion vessel. When the heating is working how high does the pressure gauge go to. If it goes above about

2.5 the expansion vessel has possible failed. In this case the pressure relief valve lets out the over pressure water. When the system goes cold pressure drops and then is to low to restart.
Reply to
comp.zrch.embedded

Try turning the pressure release valve (if you can) (this lets water out) and letting it "thwack" back several times. Soemtimes they will reseat.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

That *might* work if the problem is with the relief valve - but it's far more likely to be an issue with the expansion vessel - and the relief valve is just doing its job.

If the problem *is* with the expansion vessel, it's not *necessarily* curtains - it may just need re-pressurising on the air side.

Reply to
Roger Mills