Bloody stupid light fittings

Rule number 1 of the Interent:- Nothing *ever* goes away. If you post it, it *will* be found and used to embarass you later.

The only reason my Farcebook profile lists my real date of birth is because ICBA making one up. Nothing else is true..... Even the e-mail address is a spam trap.

Reply to
John Williamson

Cos there isn't.

It only affects you if you buy a (recent) new build, and only then if the builder has installed pendant lights.

Many new build have halogen spots everywhere, which for some reason seems to be OK

tim

Reply to
tim....

But how can the builder rely upon getting you? :-)

tim

Reply to
tim....

I don't think so. I have never met a LL (or owner for that matter) who cared one jot what their score was. They just paid for the piece of paper because there's a law that says that the have to.

This is likely to be because in many places you don't get enough choice of property to make this a priority, you take the place as seen or you lose it!. Where you live may be different

tim

Reply to
tim....

What do you mean by "they won't be public"?

Reply to
Tim Streater

And talking to the assessor as I jogged round after him (we're trying to sell our house), the score is utter bollocks anyway. External lights are not counted (so all those 500W floodlights blazing away are ignored) and the size of the house is ignored (so it's impossible for a large detached house to get under a D, no matter how well insulated). External swimming pools are ignored (not a big issue in the UK, I should think - I asked because we had our inflatable one set up when he came) but internal ones are counted.

Reply to
Huge

It's not the agent who does the inspection it's the "Independent Audit Clerk" or some such, hired by the Agent. Then if there is a dispute it goes to the Dispute Resolution Service and on and on and on ........

Reply to
hugh

From reports in the press there seems to be a significant issue of sexual harassment arising from teenage girls pictures of themselves to supposed friends who then re-broadcast it.

Reply to
hugh

For one answer

Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

I mean that unless I give a link to you (gives you thumbnails, not the bigger ones), or in my case you're a friend of a friend on FB, you can't see my holiday snaps.

If eg I went on holiday with Ron, he'd not get to see the photos from it I shared with other members of the party.

Reply to
Clive George

Unless Facebook make a mess of enforcing their privacy settings, as they have in the past:

"Facebook have changed their security settings again and you have to opt-in to restore security" is a fairly common story.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Unless FB decides to send them to the News of the World - which if I understood their Rs & Cs correctly, you agreed they could do if they want, when you signed up.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well, AFAICR I've only ever once had a tenant even know what they are!... and certainly my experience is borne out by other landlords all over the country, according to a landlord forum I sometimes frequent.

David

Reply to
Lobster

They have only been applied to rentals for two years.

It will take time

tim

Reply to
tim....

Or amazon, having to give credit card details before being able to find shipping charges.

Reply to
F Murtz

> My seach revealed this.

If you snip a little from both sides instead of only one it will probably work better.

Reply to
F Murtz

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Good grief, even the dumbest non-diyer would think of bringing the garden hose in through the window.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not my experience with Amazon. It's clearly marked on all Marketplace stuff (vecause it varies). For Amazon stuff, there are standard charges, documented in Help.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , jgharston writes

or wait for the Chinese to do their thing and flood ebay with BC3-BC2 adapters for thruppence ha'penny apiece. Preferably with a 150W incandescent bulb thrown in free.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Huge writes

They probably detected that you were too intelligent to own a Twatter account.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson