Bloody dishwasher door jam!

Hi all The door of my integrated ariston dishwasher managed to jam close on xmas day, which was a complete pain in the butt! I have tried applying as much brute force to open it without wanting to completely wreck it. Has anyone any suggestions before I call out the service engineer (and the bloomin extended warrinty ran out a month ago!).

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
DC

I had one that did this a few years ago. It was pretty old at the time. I managed to get it open with a crowbar.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It may be a bit cutlery or something that's jammed in the hinge end of the door, so you might have to force the door open a bit to get a torch and have a look.

If it is this, then you get something long and thin enough to push inside and clear it.

Reply to
BigWallop

Don't forget to EMPTY the jar before you put in next time... (i.e. consume the contents)

I'm sure they put a timer in most appliances nowadays that satisfies this requirement... Or is it just sods law???

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles