Blobby paintwork

I painted the front door with Wilko quick drying water-based paint, which is said to be touch dry in two hours (which it was) and re-coatable in six hours.

Anyway - it rained last night - at least ten hours after the application of the paint - and this morning the door is all blobby - covered with raised pimples.

Advice please!

Reply to
Chris

Personally I don't care for water based finishes with the exception of traditionals such as emulsion.

The solution is to rub down and try again.

What you are describing suggests a re-action to something on the surface when you painted it. I would imagine rain would leave a cratered type surface if the finish was still soft.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

In article , Christian McArdle writes

Thanks. Weather difficult to forecast. Will try. Are any of the water-based paints better than others?

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like it didn't adhere. Lack of preparation? Was there a previous finish on the door? Some of these exterior varnishes stay very slightly tacky to shed water (and presumably water based paints)

Reply to
stuart noble

Have a tarpaulin available for insurance.

No idea. I'm currently using Glidden Acrylic Gloss. No idea how it will hold out over the years, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle