Bleeding radiator question

I've never seen a precise figure but 34'[1] is the figure that springs to mind, so not a bad approximation.

[1]Another approxomation I recall is the height of the ridge of the roof of a two storey house - no idea how accurate (or otherwise) that is, though.
Reply to
Terry Casey

Although this is a bit academic, it might be of general interest to someone. The International Standard Atmosphere defines sea level pressure as 1013.25 hPa; in the bottom part of the atmosphere, this decreases by approximately 1 hPa every 30 feet. The real-world sea-level pressure varies daily between (very roughly) min and max of 980 and 1040 hPa, so that's between about 32.8 and 34.8 feet of water. Here endeth the lesson ;-)

Reply to
nothanks

Is that using metric water?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Yup ;-)

(now recompute for heavy water!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Hectopascals? really?

This is the first time I've ever seen them used.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Yup! It used to be millibars, but that became too familiar so it changed to hPa - even units get rebranded :-)

Reply to
nothanks

I've seen Pascals and kPa many times. It's the hecto that surprised me.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris